The rides were in Jackson Heights too! The Dipsy Doodle, the Whip, etc...Good
Humor too! What about Dixie Cups? A wax paper cup filled with half vanilla
and half chocolate ice cream, and came with a short flat wood spoon inside a
paper sleeve. The ice cream had a top with a tab on it!    What about warm
milk in a wax container with a flat top and you drank it with a straw that
sometimes got a piece of wax stuck in it! Or  FLAVOR STRAWS! You could drink
plain milk through one of those and taste the flavor of chocolate or
strawberry, and artificial sweetener (YUCK!)  What about trips to the Museum
of Natural History? You could see dinosaur bones with dust on them that was
older than the dinosaur!  AND the restrooms that had fixtures that were
probably USED by those same dinosaurs when they were young!  What about the
cars? Everyone had collectible cars then! ( Well those cars are sure
collectable NOW! ) I think the cars from the middle 40's to the late sixties
were the most interesting, I even like Edsels, but especially DeSotos,
Studebakers, Cadillacs with fins, all those cars  that could be recognized
from a mile away!  What about car airconditioners that hung down from the
dashboard and always worked great..until the weather  turned hot!   They
could drip enough water on your legs to keep you fairly cool, even when they
were not running well.
Ken