Hi Eddy and Carolyn:

Hope this helps you:

"This operation is known as Laryngoscopy, gel foam injection and its purpose
is to Improve  Voice."  I arrived at the hospital at 7:30 a.m., was told in
answer to my qestion that it would last 30-40 minutes, had an IV, a general
anesthetic, and woke up and it was done.  I think I left the hospital about
12 noon, and napped when I got home for 2 hours.
My mouth is sore, but not sore enough for pain meds.  I had sherbet for
dinner.

I don't know how long the gel foam will take to be absorbed but when it is, I
will have longer lasting injections using (I think, 'alloderm,').  So far, my
family, friends and relatives I've talked to CAN HEAR me, something I haven't
experienced lately.

When I first followed Barb's lead and went on this quest, the doctor who did
it was not even living in this area.  So, don't give up!!

From one with a found voice...Liz