Hey Audrey,
Yes he certainly was colorful.  :O)  There was a rather "interesting"
survey done a couple of years back by a Toronto newspaper (I think), that
showed that Canadian women found Trudeau to have much greater sex appeal
than Brian Mulroney.  Mulroney's wife was royally ticked and let everyone
know it.  I think it had to do with the fact that Trudeau had character and
charm, two areas where Mulroney was definitely lacking.  He will be missed.

Peace
Pat