----- Original Message -----
From: LISA CRUMRINE <[log in to unmask]>
To: Bernard Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 6:57 AM
Subject: alone-ness

hi Bernard, I have enjoyed your writing for some time, I am sorry you are feeling so alone.  I have been experiencing similar feelings lately.  I am blessed in that I can still get around on my own pretty much but most days I am home all day and don't see another soul unless I venture into town to get my mail or some groceries.    Lately people have been saying things to me like "whets the matter with your arm? " or "what are you having a seizure?"   Sometimes I explain sometimes I mumble something and scurry back to the safety of my home.  Luckily I am an artist and I work at home during the summers.   I dread having to re-open my gallery because then I will be back in public again.  I don't notice my "stuff" when I am alone,  and it's easier to deal with when I am not self conscious.   Luckily I am still pretty able to make my art work.  slower now but so is everything else.

anyways my point is that you are not alone, you have your wife .   I am single 42yrs old, and finding myself isolating myself like this makes me nervous about my future....and what is to come.

hey you can always call the flower shop and have them deliver...

just some ponderings

Lisa in Paradise
42/8yrs w/pd