Dear Group,

Yesterday, Thursday September 27 my wife Esther and I addressed a group of high-level executives and guests of Medtronic of Canada Ltd. and Medtronic Inc.  The occasion was the opening of an expanded plant in Mississauga, Ont. and the celebration of 25 tears manufacturing in Canada.

WE became the first bionic couple in the world  - we think - on September 14 when Esther had thalamic DBS for chronic pain. (Note to Janet Paterson: I assume that the same reasonable rates apply for family membership in the HITHG).  Our talks centred around the theme "Why are we one of a few injstead of one of many?