>Don't know about that, Ron-- but there's a big difference between
>euthanasia and palliative care, as practiced in Hospices for example.
>Actually, there really IS a need for doctors to learn how to relieve
>needless end of life suffering, as those who saw the Bill Moyers' PBS
>series,"On Our Own Terms" can recall.   But golly--at present I really
>really hate to say anything "nice" about Senator B.  !!!!!

painless, peaceful death is the first meaning in my Funk & Wagnalls.
this is quite close to palliative in my opinion.

the politicians were not given the legislative power to decide that
doctors can or cannot decide whether to help quicken the death of any
person.

science seeks truth and knowledge. the Congress has the same
authority over medical research as does the Pope and the President
i.e., NONE!!!

each person has the right to end his or her life when and how they
choose. the laws that allow assisted suicide should have no existence
either, but freedom is not available any longer unless one is wealthy
and/or powerful.

love,ron
--
Ron Vetter 1936, '84 PD dz