Dear Alison---I can't comment re: high BP part of this, but Peter had
"angina type" pains at one time, and went through the treadmill and
angiogram tests---no cardiac problem showed up till he had an
echocardiogram which revealed mitral valve prolapse--non life threatening
and not painful.  We decided  later that the pains had probably been from
PD muscle spasms (at that time he didn't know he had PD) as we read that
these are often confused with heart pains.  FWIW---

>A friend of mine who has Parkinson's just told me about the following
>incident where she was experiencing chest pain. Can anyone shed any light on
>this for her?  She was told it was from stress and that her heart is strong.
>Chest pains Wednesday. Went to doctor Thursday
>Took EKG   - difficult to take because of Parkinson's tremor.
>Blood pressure went bezerk
>Went to cardiologist who gave her nitroglycerine in case she needed it.
>Took 4 of them. Chest pain went away.
>Tuesday had eccocardiogram
>Wednesday had stress test and heart rate went beserk
>Doctor panicked
>All tests came back negative.  So they suggested an angiogram which she had
>then in the hospital.
>Heart is apparently okay, but blood pressure was very high ... 136/110.
>Normal is 138/80 for her.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           on PDWebring at
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for