On 29 Sep 2000, at 22:49, Marjorie L. Moorefield wrote:

> As near as I can figure, Brownback's new Amendment will not allow
> funding for Stem Cell Research , but when
> we all get bad enough, funding will be provided so we can all
> become drug addicts and spend our last days on earth bombed
> out of our minds.
>
> Someone please explain this to me, because I certainly don't
> understand it.
>
> just me,
> Marjorie
> 67/58/55

Hi Marjorie and All,
I won't attempt to 'splain it... my only comment is that this man musta
had this Pain Bill in his pocket anyway and just used it in this most
blatant political chicanery to alter Specter's Bill S.2015 completely
and utterly *gut* it's intent in, what seems to me, a most ruthless manner.

I think this move would simply be ruled "Out of Order" in any world
poliical forum other than the US Senate. It has been, and no doubt will
continue to be, very interesting to see exactly how this is played out!
I am learning just how *unique* the Senate has been and obviously still
is..... the tragedy is that Brownback is *playing* his game to the
potential detriment of the world's chronically ill... murray

PS: my comment re: US Senate uniqueness is my observation from a
Canadian perspective and is not meant to convey "good" or "bad"...
Now Brownback... thats different... definitely a scoundrel in my book.