Subject: Fwd: "Three Generations of Parkinson's: A Crisis of Faith"
   Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 00:56:47 -0700
   From: Charlotte Mancuso <[log in to unmask]>
     To: [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],
         [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],
         [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],
         [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],
         [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],
         [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],

Honorable Member of the Senate,

Please take the time to read the following message, and try to
understand that those of us with PD, that anyone afflicted with
virtually any disease group, and that the Nation cannot be put off any
longer.  Please don't allow those few members of Congress curtail
vitally needed stem-cell research. It is abundantly clear to a majority
of  the American people that this issue is, largely, not a religious one
or one of conscience.  It is simply a political one. Some, if not most
members of this small, extreme group, care neither for the lives of the
unborn nor those of us who are afflicted with devastating illnesses.
They care only for their political lives.

With respect, do the right thing and vote on the stem-cell research bill
by  Senators' Specter and Harkin, and keep the agreement made since this
time last year between Senator Lott and Senator Spector--an agreement
made  also with the American people.  We have waited--we have been
patient--we cannot wait any longer.  Please do not allow the few hold
the health of millions and the health of the Nation hostage.  Please let
this responsible research move forward, so that millions of us can
literally move forward with our lives.

Respectfully,

Charlotte A. Mancuso
668 Channing Avenue
Palo Alto, CA     94301-2812

Advocate, Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
Member, Young Parkinson's Support Group, Palo Alto, CA
Board Member, Peninsula Parkinson's Support Group, Sunnyvale, CA