http://www.uiowa.edu/infotech/InfoTech.htm#Internet Resources:

http://www.gusinc.com/index.html

great site for ideas and free download of speech recognition software u
can try before u buy. The software is more expensive, but these places
work more with you than office max comp usa, regular computer stores.
They usually give free upgrades too, and have laptops that they don't
sell in regular stores.

Many of us get frustrated and buy a computer that are geared for the
non- handicapped population or would like to buy a
computer/communicative device but can't afford them.  Your local
state/prov. universities  computer sciences, rehab, speech and language
departments. Keywords such as; augmentative and alternative
communication speech devices or adaptive equipment, multimodal input,
assistive technology computer/s are helpful.

When purchasing a computer think about when u will need to adapt it to
ur needs. When ur voice fluctuates in quality (i.e.. hoarseness, raspy)
and intensity  turning the volume up just distorts the speech, errors
occur in the speech recog. program , and the user gets frustrated.
I used to rely on Tash and Trace sites when I worked with computers and
augmentative devices for the handicapped and disabled.

Closing the Gap is another source.They cater to the disabled.
http://trace.wisc.edu/

http://www.tash.org/links/index.htm  OR www.tash.org  This organization
has good funding for people of all income ranges and disabilities and
handicaps and advocates - lobbying group