Here is a part of what "W" had to say today as
he address the Christian Coalition.
To me this pretty well states what he thinks.
If you need a direct quote, let me know.
Here is the URL for the rest of the story.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/

just me,
Marjorie

The Associated Press
                  W A S H I N G T O N, Sept. 30 — George W. Bush
                  reaffirmed his support for the Christian
                  Coalition’s values today in a three-minute
                  videotaped address meant to soothe any hard
                  feelings created by his absence from their
                  convention.
                       “Should I be elected, I will lead our nation toward a
                  culture that values life, the life of the elderly and the
sick,
                  the life of the young and the life of the unborn,” Bush said.
                  He didn’t explain why he initially hadn’t intended to
                  speak.
                       Addressing abortion, which is high on the list of
                  concerns at the convention, Bush said good people
                  disagree on the issue, but everyone should seek ways to
                  promote adoption and parental notification.
                       “And when Congress sends me a bill against
                  partial-birth abortion, I will sign it into law,” he added.
                       Bush outlined his support for cutting taxes, restoring
                  children’s moral values and reforming Social Security and
                  education.