Yes, Doug, one of my first thoughts was about staying over
Saturday, but those who aren't going to the first conference may
well find it just as easy to come on Saturday and stay over for a
conference that begins on Sunday evening. Even my cash-strapped
university (though is there any other kind?) will pay a hotel bill if the
total of airfare and hotel is still cheaper than not staying over a
Saturday.
So on second thought, it didn't seem to be a big problem.

Cheers
Susan

Susan Drain, Ph.D.                      Tel:  902 457 6220
Department of English                   Fax: 902 457 6455
Mount Saint Vincent University          [log in to unmask]
Halifax, NS
Canada B3M 2J6