Doug's message sparked a vague memory of something else that went on during
the Inkshed business meeting. Marcy and I submitted a proposal for the
Canadian Caucus at CCCC in March via Russ's laptop. Well... the inevitable
happened and I am now listed as chair of that session. So I hope many of you
will join me there from March 14-17, 2001.

What we had discussed doing is subverting the CCCC's selection process by
making the Canadian Caucus into the Canadian Roundtable. Since we have
members of all interested organizations right here sharing the same hallway,
we thought we could  form an "editorial" committee on behalf of CASLL,
CATTW, and CSSR right here at U. of W. (Me, Amanda Goldrick-Jones, Tracy
Whalen, and Sharon Josephson) We could "vet" proposals, send out acceptances
on official letterhead and the successful proposers could then go to their
various deans and chairs for travel money.

The italics in the above paragraph are not meant to indicate a lack of rigor
on the part of the editorial committee. But frankly, almost anyone with an
interesting proposal title will be seriously considered. The idea is for
more of us to get supplementary funding to attend the conference and most
institutions won't fund conference travel unless we give papers.

Do we want to develop a theme or a session title before we send this
information out to the other lists? The CCCC's theme is "Composing
Community", but since our session is already accepted, we could talk about
anything we want.

And thanks, Doug, for getting the conversation going about Inkshed 18. I'll
be there whenever & wherever it's happening!

Janice Freeman
Centre for Academic Writing
University of Winnipeg