Dear Bob and Charlie,

I have been wanting to write to you for some time now. The Stem Cell
discussion has been great, aside from the emotional radicalism of a few,
much knowledge has been transmitted.

You both have validated my criticalness of authority, of easy answers to
very complex issues, and my passion for social, personal, and political
justice. I am very much concerned as you are, of the dangers of
Dictatorships and Fascism, and I must also look under every rock. All of
us, along with many other list members, have experienced the prejudices of
the past and even the present. Our collective history is filled with
violence, hate, wars of all kinds, etc.. Many seek the purity
of  justifications by the use of the "Truth of their God". Examples of
which you are well aware.

I try very hard to be an empathic human being, I try to bring together my
heart and my mind, I try to understand the feelings of those that
personally have had to walk a very difficult path. I find it hard to
believe that suffering is good for any person. My position on the issue of
Stem Cell research is to support it with the proviso of "Constant
Vigilance", the same applies to the requirements of Freedom and Democracy.

I am hopeful that we can move away from the wasted energy of seeking a
right or wrong for all, to a fulfillment of our humanity, to the full
realization of what it is to be a human
being.

Thanks for your help in trying to bring a better understanding to us.

Bernie