Congratulations!  to Michael J. Fox on winning and deserving the "Citizen
of the Year" award from George Magazine.  A full and deep interview, "The
Unsinkable Spirit of Michael J. Fox", is in the October 2000 issue, which
has Michael J. in perfect retro matinee idol style on the cover and a
picture page on "doing the Fox Trot" about a fundraiser for his Foundation
where he announced "that a cure for the disease, which afflicts him, Ali,
and millions more, is just five years away. 'That's too long!' retorted
Ali. 'Okay, champ,' agreed Fox."

Their website is www.georgemag.com   They have a link for readers to send
in responses.   It appears that no one has done that so for.  George is the
U.S. magazine that John F. Kennedy. Jr. founded and edited.

Is so astounding how things have changed since he's come forward.  Just on
a personal level, I find it's almost easy to mention that I have
Parkinson's when I have to.  Now everyone knows so much more about what it
is.  Hardly ever does anyone give me "the pity look" and even then it can
be deflected by talking about Michael J.'s generosity, or by quoting what
Janet Reno said on Oprah, "I can still think.  And I can still climb
mountains."

Mary Yost, 52, diagnosed 1990