Linda, I started to respond to this off-list, then decided you had brought
up some good points that we all might benefit from.  When I started seeing
my neuro, I needed my caregiver there for support and to help me remember
dates, symptoms, etc.....but, as we kept going in, it got to the point that
I wasn't "allowed" to speak, everytime I started to I was interupted or told
"that isn't right".  It finally got to the point that I told the nurse to
please scedule me to see the doctor alone, and that I did not wish to hurt
any feelings, but I did not want the other in the room with me at the same
time for the whole time.  The doctors office handled it very politely but
firmly, and it made less of a "mess".  I don't think this is the answer in
all cases, but it is an idea to consider
bob aka tex