>Comments:
>i'm forwarding this to the list since it is clearer than my ramblings
>about stem cell potential--and touches on the ethical implications we all
>need to be aware of as advocates of stem cell research

Ray,
What YOU are trying to discuss, is NOT what the rest of us are discussing.
Please do NOT try to start an ethical argument over S.2015.
The Bio-Ethics Committee has already said S.2015 is ethical.

S.2015 only has but one purpose, and that is to fund, using Federal Funds,
embryonic stem cell research on "embryos that otherwise would be discarded
that have been donated from in-vitro fertilization clinics with the written
informed
consent of the progenitors."
Also, if you'd read S.2015 in it's entirety you'd find that there are
strict guidelines
concerning what can and what cannot be conducted or supported under this
S.2015.
Cloning of a human being or creation of a human embryo is prohibited.

I remember when organ transplants first came about, LIFE magazine had a whole
article on the fact that if a person had someone else's heart transplanted
in him,
and the recipient committed a crime, then who was really at fault, the
donor or the
recipient.
Now those kind of things aren't even discussed.
Nor should they be.
Lets not try to introduce a new subject into S.2015 please.

just me,
Marjorie