From what I can tell, his disability retirement income will be taxed like
any other retirement income.

Thanks for your prior and future comments,

Jen, a CPA and Dad w/ PD  55/39

-----Original Message-----
From: Hawkins, Darwin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 2:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Disability Retirement Pay and Taxes

You are mixing two things here. As I understant it, and I may be wrong, if a
person is collecting disability income, whether company funded or
individually, the income is not taxable up until the person reaches
retirement age. At retirement the disability income stops when the
retirement income starts and the retirement income is taxable. The logic is
that if you are retired, you wouldn't be working, disabled or not.