Stem Cells = "Blastula" ?

Is it not true that the best undifferentiated cells are to be found in the
blastula phase of development?

If I remember my college embryology from 35 years ago, (and if they haven't
completely changed the field of embryology since then), the egg and sperm
come together, begin to split and form a hollow sphere made up of cells....
a blastula.  At this stage the individuals cells can become anything,
depending on chemical and other conditions and influences ("tropisms") to
which they may become exposed.

If the blastula is the best source of stem cells, then should the questions
not be focused on the use of blastulas, not embryos.   What say you?

Bill
PWP, New Jersey