Date sent:              Thu, 5 Oct 2000 09:45:15 -0400
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   "Marjorie L. Moorefield" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Bob Fink
To:                     [log in to unmask]

>  I feel we should have
>   faith in our researchers. I find this younger
> generation to be very, very moral adults.
> Its not fair to condemn them for things which went on
> before they were born.
> I believe the world has learned from its mistakes.
>
> What was lacking then, which we seem to
> be in complete control of now, is COMMUNICATIONS.
> There really is no place to hide in the world anymore.
>
>   I don't think that those sort of experiments could be conducted
> quietly now because of email, someone would get the message out, and
> there would be such a hue and cry from the general population that any
> member of Congress,
>   and any President and Vice President , no matter the party
>   affiliations,
> would have to handle it as "Priority Number One.

Marjorie,

I wish that I had the confidence in "our researchers" (BTW, I am one
of them!) and the ability of "communications" to prevent what
happened in generations past.

The kind of human travesty which went on in the Nazi era (and many
times before as well) is still going on today; possibly even in our own
back yards.  While the United States is far from guiltless, look at what
goes on in other countries, such as China, the former Soviet Union;
we are still seeing examples of organs being sold, eggs from IVF cases
being implanted in persons who were not aware of their source.
Experiments on "eugenics" are still being done in some European
countries.

No, sadly, I do not think that human nature has changed that much.
Neither do I trust "Government" to protect us, as, in the not-so-distant
past, it *was* "Government" who engineered these little
"experiments".

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"