----- Original Message -----
From: "William P. Taggart" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2000 2:17 PM
Subject: Dr. Fink & Our Constitution

> ************************
>
> Our Constitution requires separation of church and state.

[What our Constitution  guarantees is  that we will have freedom of
religion] >

Basing legislation on the religous beliefs of one segment of our society and
> imposing same on another segment is clearly unconstitutional.

On this
> premise we're not even allowed to do something as clearly good as putting
> the ten commandments on the walls of our schoolhouse.

[On this basis I do not expect to see a repeal of all stautes that agree
that we shall not murder. nor shall we steal]

> By what right does one group, based on their religious beliefs, impose
laws
> on PWP's that may prevent our cure?

By the same right , I suppose, that the Framers of the Declaration of
Independence , stated "We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men
are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain
unalienable Rights, that among these  are LIfe, Liberty, and the pursuit of
Happiness----Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are
sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the Forms to which they
are accustomed. But when a long Train of Abuses and Userpations, pursuing
invariably the same Object, evinces a Design to reduce them under absolute
Despotism, it is their Right, it is their Duty, to throw off such
Government, and to provide new Guards for their future Security.

As we believe in the dignity and truth of these words, may our Creator
forgive us for our utter disregard for these little ones, that mankind has
the audacity to treat so badly. May we see our duty as humankind to not
attack, but defend these little ones who are at our mercy.
Now youve got my dander up. Bill Olson  70now dx 1983