I went to George online site and had to register to reply to janet's post
re:MJFox.  Now there are two comments on the MJF interview.

Jeanette Fuhr 50/47/44?

----------
From: janet paterson <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: MJ Fox: George Magazine "Citizen of the Year" George Award
Date: Monday, October 02, 2000 6:45 AM

hi all

At 23:47 on Sun, 1 Oct 2000 -0700, mary yost the most wrote:
>Congratulations!  to Michael J. Fox on winning and deserving the "Citizen
>of the Year" award from George Magazine.  A full and deep interview, "The
>Unsinkable Spirit of Michael J. Fox", is in the October 2000 issue, which
>has Michael J. in perfect retro matinee idol style on the cover and a
>picture page on "doing the Fox Trot" about a fundraiser for his Foundation
>where he announced "that a cure for the disease, which afflicts him, Ali,
>and millions more, is just five years away. 'That's too long!' retorted
>Ali. 'Okay, champ,' agreed Fox."
>Their website is "http://www.georgemag.com/"   They have a link for
readers
>to send in responses.   It appears that no one has done that so for.
George
>is the U.S. magazine that John F. Kennedy. Jr. founded and edited.
>Is so astounding how things have changed since he's come forward.  Just on
>a personal level, I find it's almost easy to mention that I have
>Parkinson's when I have to.  Now everyone knows so much more about what it
>is.  Hardly ever does anyone give me "the pity look" and even then it can
>be deflected by talking about Michael J.'s generosity, or by quoting what
>Janet Reno said on Oprah, "I can still think.  And I can still climb
>mountains."
>Mary Yost, 52, diagnosed 1990

thank you, mary, for pointing us to
george for another amazing interview

i will be posting the text of the article in three segments

i also posted a note (see below) at the magazine's webforum

janet

Topic:   the unsinkable michael j. fox
Author:  janet313

my heartfelt thanks to george and to michael
for this inspiring article

michael has given those of us with pd
a huge gift in simply being so open
and so generous with his
celebrity

we are truly "invisible no more!"

now ...
for the next stage in this battle ...

in hope and gratitude

janet

George Online
"http://georgebb.hfnm.com/NonCGI/Forum4/HTML/000133.html"

janet paterson
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] SMAIL: PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada