Delores,
You asked :Will someone in NY kindly check with Lazio's office on his
position?

Good question. I have been trying to locate the answer. It is hard to
infer from his record. Lazio is trying to appeal to both conservative and
moderate voters, and has sponsored legislation for breast cancer
research, but I haven't seen anything on his position on stem cell
research. I tried to ask about it through his website, but just received
a robot generated reply -- "thank you for your interest, but we receive
too many emails to answer individually." Also wrote to an Albany NY
newspaper that ran a series comparing the NYS Senate candidates on health
care issues. The reporter replied she didn't know about stem cells, asnd
referred me to Lazio's website!

His local campaign office just opened this weekend -- I"ll see what they
have to say. If anyone else has found this information on NY Senate
candidates and also on any of the HOuse races -- please post it.
Thanks,
Linda Herman