Hi Bob ,you said :

"Robert A. Fink, M. D." wrote:

> I really don't want to start a flame war about this.  I am pro-life and I
> believe that once conception has occurred, a human embryo/fetus is a
> human being.

First thing I would like to point is that I believe every body is pro-life ,
but sometimes I do not understand that some persons (which call themselves
pro-life) throw bombs and kill doctors and nurses that work in some aborts
clinics .... I suppose they must be leftovers of some Nazi like type of
ideology ....  ;-)

Secondly you say " a human embryo/fetus is a human being. ".........
I do not agree . A human being in my way of see it has to have human brain ,
human feelings , human memory , human conscience , to say the least . So , I
believe the embryo is a group of cells derived of human bodies that has the
potential to be transformed in the myriad of human cells and eventually with
all conditions favorable (not the case in general) may generate a human being
. The point is : at such stage (as embryos) they are only human cells and not
human beings .

Thirdly, it is this difference of perspective of the issue that many defend
opposite positions and for this reason some call it morality and ethic and
feels the same kind of indignation as those in the Middle Ages that believed
in the Bible when told  that the Earth were not the center of the Universe.

Best wishes ,
Joao Paulo - Salvador,BA,Brazil