----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Edith S. Love
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2000 4:31 PM
Subject: Re: Debating etiquette

Charlie and Other Debaters,

As one of many, I value your mentalities and respect your views whether or not I agree with them. Most of all, I honor your right to share your opinions. I am also aware that there are times when it is difficult to control one's emotions. However, here, in this place, we ask you to consider that we look to you not just for your views but for clarity and our edification.

How stem cell research is done. Who does it. Where it will be done. What controls and protections will be placed upon it. What sources are used. How ethics and morals will fit. Only time will tell. This is a deep,
soul-searching subject with infinite potential.

I believe in the right to choose. When stem cell research becomes marketable, and it will, and if it proves to be the solution to "my enemy within", I reserve the right to put my dollar into the slot. Others may choose not to participate. No matter what, everyone should have the right of choice!

In the meantime, debaters, continue! Teach me all you can in what time you have!

E of the headdress