When we get into discussions like this, I'm reminded many times of Jerry
Clower's (a Baptist preacher/comedian, now deceased) story about the man on
the roof as the flood waters were rising. All attempts to rescue him were
refused with the statement, "No, never mind! The Lord will take care of me!"
Later in Heaven, he questioned God as to why he hadn't kept his promise and
taken care of him. The Lord replied, "What did you expect, I sent you two
boats and a helicopter!"