Hi Tex,

A number of years ago, before you were on this list,
I did a complete study, and posted it to his list, of all
the Statistical Data from the VITAL STATISTICS OF THE
UNITED STATES, published by the U.S. DEPARTMENT OF
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES.  This was State by State,
Nationality,
and also included the youngest and the oldest death which
was listed as dying from PD.

  I had a lot of very quick lunches and no breaks at the library
for several weeks to accomplish this.

The Vital Statistics Vol. II- Mortality Part A is published each
year, but the statistics in it are 5 years old by the time it is published.
So if I were to go to the Library now and request that book, they would
bring me the newest published, which would be 1995.

There are people still on this list who can tell you, that as
PWP's we were unable to connect any more deaths from PD
in Farm States, where they used pesticides, than in States
which had mostly Urban Population.  The only things we were
able do deduce was that fact that less Blacks had deaths from
PD than any other nationality, and the rest of us were pretty
evenly divided.
That also was when we found that there are between 6-8K people
who die each year with their cause of death listed as Parkinson's
Disease.
If I ever ran across a Neuro. dumb enough to make the statement
to me, that Parkinson's Disease wasn't going to kill you, he'd have
the honor of being the first notch on my crutch!!! Just before I beat
a path out his office door.

I realize we aren't researchers, but who better to evaluate these
statistics than a bunch of Parkies?

If it were Pesticides, then what about all those persons from 1814 (?)
when they didn't use pesticides, and had home gardens, and had picked
the bugs off the vegetables??

just me,
Marjorie