Polly, when i was dx with pd, i was also just turned 40 (midlife crisis)
ending a bad marriage, involved in a major wreck, had my faith in the
goodness of God shattered and a few other bad things going on - i do still
believe in God, but I don't trust Him anymore to do only what's good for
me...
and I do see some great things which have come because of the pd, like my
new life with a special lady, and almost as important, my ability to write
poems which seem to reach into people and give them an outlet.  My poems are
listed at http://www.geocities.com/pienet/boba/index.html
and you are welcome to use any of them, as long as you give me credit as the
author
hope your report goes well
bob aka tex