>I notice that the U.S. Congress is still in session.
>They had said that the last day would be 6 Oct.
>but its now Friday the 13th. and they are meeting
>today.
>
>Happy Friday 13th. everyone!!!
>
>just me,
>Marjorie

Within a few weeks in America, we vote to elect 235 Congressmen and 33 U.S. Senators. Those of us who need a prescription drug benefit have high stakes in this election. In many cases, those in office are still the ones who would have confiscated the homes and cars of those needing healthcare. Of course it is still "the economy stupid", good economies bring plentiful jobs. Jobs allow the purchasing of insurance. We who were diagnosed before we had the opportunity to participate in a good economy, need help.

To review history:

http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/archive/004.html

Both Presidential candidates mouth the words "prescription drug benefit" but it will be up to the double dealing congress to pass or sit on any proposal. It isn't clear whether either candidate would include young parkinsonians or those too young for regular Medicare.

One thing for sure is that the Bush plan will require those qualifying to sign up with state welfare departments to receive any benefit. Is this demeaning to you?

It's not too late to check your candidates record and vote accordingly.

                  Search the parkinsn archive online at:
                 http://james.parkinsons.org.uk
                Catch the Parkinsn's List Online messages at:
         http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com
             Click the navigation ads and use the new search tools
John Cottingham