Hi all;

Here are my two canajun cents' worth on the cannabis 'debate'. I don't
think the term 'debate' applies to the use of cannabis in PD. I don't think
any medical or scientific studies have been done in re cannabis and PD.
Until they are, and until such benefit, if any, is proven beyond any doubt,
my neurons will remain on this side of the 'fence'. They are too precious
to me to put them at risk. After 16 years of PD symptoms, and 12 years of
relative comfort with levodopa/carbidopa and selegiline, as prescribed by
my medicos, and as proven beneficial in the scientific literature, I am
still mulling over whether I want to start on a dopamine agonist. Besides
which, cannabis remains an illegal substance in this country, which
consists of our citizens, and I abide by the laws of this country, since I
am a citizen here, both voluntarily and by happenstance. Going for my
caffeine now...

Janet Marie Edge Bell Turnbull Paterson

janet paterson
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] SMAIL: PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada