I think you have done beautifully so far, Marjorie, but causes may have been too
elusive to characterize up to now.  Today's molecular biologists have new tools
for much of the research and we should be able to get a lot of new findings.
As long as the consequences of PD are known, I am unanimous in believing that a
cure can be found without knowing the cause or causes.
If a chair is broken, it can be fixed no matter how the chair was broken; you just
need the proper tools.
Just a little opinion,
Michel