"Marjorie L. Moorefield" wrote:

> To tell the truth Juanita, I'm afraid to move!!! I got up this morning
> and threw my sheets into the washer and a little later the smoke alarm in
> the garage goes off.  I look in the utility room and its full of smoke.
> The Maytag Washer, which is 19 years old decided it was time to head for
> the Elephant Graveyard.  So not only do I have a load of water and
> clothes to get rid of, I will have to really hurry tomorrow and take my
> computer to CompUSA and then go someplace and buy a new Maytag.
> In the meantime, I had to hand wring all those clothes, it had finished
> washing and had started to spin, so there was about a half tub of water
> left and wet T-shirts.

                  If you'd live closer (DC area), I would have come to
help.

> I thought about having a wet T-shirt contest, but this really isn't that
> kind of neighborhood!!

                  That would have bee a lot of fun....

> But my neighbor lady did come over and help me bail out all the water in
> the washer.

                  The good neighbor policy is still operational...

> If anything else happens today you will hear me screaming clear out in
> Puget Sound.

                     I'll get some ear plugs.  I don't want to make light
of your problems; I just wish I could help.  You have my sympathy, my
friendship, my affection, and a few kisses and hugs.

Michel