Edith asked:

Subject: PD & Non PD - A Clarification

Bob,

Clarification, please.  Just some points that come to
mind...

IF "the price of freedom is eternal vigilance" how then can
you say,>> "I'm
afraid that I do trust everyone, including the US
Government,
>> until I find that I can't trust them anymore?"......
Under these
conditions, mightn't you be too late?
---------------------------------------

Edith,

Is there a real value in being too early? I have a great
dislike for over legislation. Things would get slowed down
mired in bureaucracy. Freedom means free from excess
government intervention, free to vote or not vote, free to
pay a competitive wage and receive a competitive wage, free
to be a sanitation engineer or a school teacher, free to
send our children to public or private school, free to turn
our kids loose at the earliest possible stage or to reign
them in to protect them from themselves and others, free to
fight for our country or not, free to make mistakes such as
use the improper medical procedure and risk the
consequences, free to ignore propaganda, free to prosecute
liars, cheats, and those that would harm us, free to be a
member of congress and receive that level of compensation,
and be exposed to constant criticism, free to treat others
as we would want them to treat ourselves, free to have
opposing belief systems and freely debate them and free to
merge large companies (with shareholder approval) and free
to join labor unions or not, and free to believe that greed
and power drive those who choose to be our leaders, free to
fight for better care for this awful disease and, and.

The price of this freedom may be eternal vigilance and for
me that's ok.
Democracy is the worst form of government on the planet but
I sure don't know a better one.

Just pushing buttons.

Bob Martone
http://www.samlink.com/~bmartone