Dear friends,

This is another note about the relentless assault of PD on my wife.
Early last week, we had called a psycho-pharmacologist psychiatrist for
a consultation after five weeks with a G tube and no progress.  Well, he
came last night after I left Barb bedside, but our daughter Leah was
there.  Because Seroquel and trazodone did not reverse the psychosis and
paranoia sufficiently, if any, he stopped their use and prescribed a new
drug called Melloryl (Sp) which is beginning tonight at a low dose of 15
mg twice a day.  The psychiatrist did not know whether the chemically
induced psychoses might be reversed and in fact it seems that nobody
does.

Today, we had appointment with our neuro and the nurse practitioner took
us in, that is me and both our children.  During the exam, Barb resisted
and said she wanted to end it all.  We had a very emotional discussion
when the nurse practitioner went out to get the neuro.  The neuro came
in and we got to the point of discussing Barb's 'wish', but upon further
prodding from the neuro and explaining what that would entail.  Barb
relented when asked whether she wanted to starve to death.  We decided
to go along with Melloryl for a few days, see what happens, and face the
decision of abiding to the living will.  Today may have been the most
lucid day of the past seven weeks.............

Michel