Hi Bob,

"Robert A. Fink, M. D." wrote:Look at what just recently has happened in Southern California (and

> also, slightly differently at Stanford).  Several reproductive physicians
> were found to have taken "excess" eggs from women who had
> donated such eggs to a given surrogate mother, and then, at a fairly
> steep fee, transplanted those eggs into *other* women who wanted
> babies.  No knowledge by the "donors".  The Reproductive Clinic at
> UC Irvine was *closed down* because of this and the physicians
> involved (academics on the UC payroll) left the country rapidly.  I
> suspect that for every case that is "caught" by the Government, there
> are a dozen that "get by" undetected.
> Am I paranoid?  Maybe, but I think not.

Of course knowing the very nature of the human beings specie it is impossible to avoid frauds , now
or in the future , in any field where money is involved , no matter all the cautions it may be made
or taken ....
As an example : should banks be closed because of frauds , or robbery , or assaults , can never be
avoided ??

So there is no other way than to take the risks for the good of the large benefits that researches
with stem cells  may provide and bring to all , IMHO .....

Best ,
Joao Paulo - Salvador,BA,Brazil