I thought I would share my words to Charlie Meyer in a recent message:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:  Re: stem cells
Date:  Wed, 11 Oct 2000 01:09:55 -0700
From:  Charlotte Mancuso <[log in to unmask]>
To:  "Charles T. Meyer, M.D." <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Charlie,

The public debate between you and Bob, and the resulting agreement was a great service to the list and to the promotion of stem-cell awareness, education, and advocacy.   The sum total of the discourse that occurred could only have moved the debate forward toward real progress in understanding the issues and opposing views, and toward  more reasoned advocacy.  In particular, I believe the greatest result was how, gradually, the issues were broken down into specific sticking points that could be debated openly and logically, rather than tossing meaningless, emotional platitudes back and forth.  I believe it was this breakdown of the issues into its parts that led to the agreement, and enlightenment.

With sincere appreciation,

Charlotte