Hey Bill,
I'm a Registered Massage Therapist in Ontario and I just wanted to comment a wee
bit on what you had to say.  You are right that massage can loosen blood clots,
but this is only if you have fairly bad varicose veins.  With varicose veins
there is the possibility of what they call a deep vein thrombosis, or a blood
clot lodged deep within the varicose vein.  In Canada we are taught a test as
part of our training , to determine the existance of a deep vein thrombosis.  If
blood clots are not a problem then massage is a great way to deal with muscle
cramps.................and it feels good too.  :O)
Peace
Pat