A couple of years ago I was involved with a group of Parkinson patients who
had been chosen to help patients with peer counseling. We were from all over
the State and at different stages of the disease.

There were about eight with Parkinson's and the same number of caregivers.
Most of the Parkinson people had one theme in common, I heard at least four
of them introduce themselves as having Parkinson's and felt that if they had
known then what they know now they wouldn't have been so afraid of the
disease.

This subject has stuck with me because I too feel it hasn't been as bad as I
had anticipated.

 I do not mean to deminish any one elses pain with this disease but to
express another view point for discussion.