Hi Sandra...
I'm Helen, new on the list.  I was diagnosed six years ago with PD and
started immediately on Sinemet 25/100.  About a year and a half ago,
because I had down time in the morning, I was changed to Sinemet CR
50/200, taking one three times a day. I am also taking Eldypril (1 tablet
twice a day).  The result was that in a month's time, I had started
having dyskinesia.  My Internist and my daughter (a nurse) both noticed
the change in me.  As it turned out I was overmedicated and was cut back
to 1/2 tablet 3 times a day and am much improved.   Our support group had
a speaker from Barrows Neurological Center who told us that a CR can be
broken in half and still have the full value of the tablet.  I have been
doing that for some time now.

Tell your friend to check with her neuro about the severe dyskinesia she
is having to make sure she isn't taking too much.

I hope this helps.

Helen