From: janet paterson <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: if i knew then... my pd is worse than yours...
Date: Thursday, October 12, 2000 10:10 AM

hi all

some of the 'takes' on jjjane's comments seem to be from a negative
viewpoint

"if i knew then ... etc."
could apply to any and every aspect of our lives

in some ways
it seems to be part of the 'coulda woulda shoulda' syndrome -
that constant second-guessing of ourselves and our actions
which is an insidious breeding ground for doubt and fear

comparisons are odious
'he's sicker than me'
'she's got it easy compared to my troubles'

we cannot unite in strength
if we are separated by judgment and self-pity

pd has not been meted out as punishment or reward
it's just a test,
a learning tool

so, what have we learned today, class?

janet

janet paterson
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] SMAIL: PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada