My father (77) has the Parkinson disease since 6 years.

He is now loosing his mind (not sure if it is because of
pills or as a side effect of the disease).  For example,
at 4 PM, he wonders about when they are going to lunch
(which he had at 12).  So, he is not always lucid.

He is in a center (his flour is full of Alzeimer and
Parkinson) since 6 months and when he is lucid enough,
I can feel his pain and distress.  He has now understood
he will never be back to home.

4 weeks ago, we brought him to restaurant in his rolling
chair (not sure of the right word here, a chair with wheels).
I pushed him for about 1 mile and when we were in front of
the family home, he didn't react, not even looked at it.  I
didn't ask him any question at that time.

What I would like to know is if we should now close the door
completely with his past, never be back to home (for example,
for next Christmas), because of the pain he may have, or if
this will be of no or limited effect.

In his room at the hospital, there are pictures of his
children and grand-children, but none of the home.  A
deliberate choice by the children, not by him.

Denis

--
    0    Denis Beauregard
   /\/   Web de généalogie: www.genealogie.com (français)