Hello List Family,

I have a friend with Pd that has suffered with dyskinesias off and on since 8:00 am.  I just got off the phone with her.  She has had only two non-dyskinetic hours today.  Here are her stats...She has been diagnosed for 4 years, symptomatic for 1 1/2 to 2 yrs before dx.  She is on Sinemet CR 50/200 . She takes 1/2 tablet to get her started in the morning.  The only other med she is on is Requip.  She takes the sinemet morning and early afternoon.  But today she has only had the morning 1/2 tablet...not sure about how much requip she has had..maybe 2 doses..or 3.

My question is...Is it recommended to cut a CR tablet in half?  Would this not effect the time-release capability of the CR?  Can requip cause Dyskinesia?  I know that in early-onset and early detection only agonists are used in order to maximize the dopamine still being produced by the brain.  My heart is going out to my friend.  I told her I would be posing this to the list..Any opinions, suggestions and Rph input would be very much appreciated.

Sandy Norris 40/28/20
"Faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see."