I personally hope it stays this way if they are not aware or do not care
about what's going on in the world and their country.

It is important to get out and exercise your right to vote, but along with
that right comes some responsibility. In the voting booth, if there are
candidates I know nothing about or I am unsure about running against each
other, I skip that entry. Similarly, I do not cast a vote for someone
running unopposed.