 You're right about the right to vote and the responsibility that goes
along with it....but I wonder where this lack of caring about voting comes
from...somewhere along the way, we've lost something that we should be
passing on to our children - responsibility - ....maybe it's the way the
kids are raised now...I was raised in New York and you became a full adult
when you reach 18 legally....it was something to look forward
 to ......  according to my parents, you were no longer a  kid...you were
grown up....you HAD ADULT responsibilities....there were things you  HAD to
do and things you COULD do....you had just graduated high school (with no
money for college), you  HAD  to get a job, you HAD to know the issues and
candidates and you  HAD  to vote, you HAD to get a driver's license, and
you COULD go into a bar.... and you  HAD to be prepared to do these things
and my parents made sure we were prepared....we have to take responsibility
for how we're raising our kids....years ago, one of my proudest moments was
when my each of my two sons went down and registered for the draft on their
18th birthdays without being told or reminded...they took on the
responsibility and I knew I did my  job in that areae as a parent....Joan
Hartman

--- Joan Hartman
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.