Marjorie - As I told you, the squirrels ate my bird seed, etc.  I bout my
seeds at the local feed store and it is much cheaper.  I have a bad knee,
so I bought 3 10 pound bags, which was easy for me to
handle.  Same with the sunflower seeds for the squirrels.  One day I went
out and saw this blue jay in the squirrel feeder (it was a gallon
jar attached to a wooden frame) and he was about to kill himself trying
to get out.  And he was wet with sweat.  I couldn't coax him out, so I
finally reached in and picked him up.  I said, if he pecks me, he just
pecks me.  He was too tired to do anything.  I put him on the rung of the
ladder I built for the squirrels (as if they needed it, but it made the
yard look nice), and after a few moments of getting himself
together, he flew off.  I wonder if he ever "thought"  thank you.  This
may help you save your back and your pocket book.  Seeya. Jo Ann