Thanks to both of you for the good wishes.

What I ordered on-line was a squirrel snack box, it has a Plexiglass
front, is made of cedar, and has a hinge lid.  They claim the squirrels
learn to open the lid and get the food out, I told Joan Hartman that I
sure hope the little buggers have brains enough to close it, because if
they don't, those 3 Blue Jays will eat him right out of house and home.

JoAnn, I know what you are talking about, I have a pattern for that kind
of squirrel feeder, but I have no way to make it eventhough the
garage is full of wood working tools. My husband can't see to use them
and I wouldn't be able to pick any of them up, even if I had ever even learned
to use them, which I never did.

I do purchase seed in 10# bags JoAnn, but I can't pick up a 10# bag.  I almost
can't pick up a 5# bag of sugar or flour. The joys of PD I'm afraid!

We can tell the seasons by the birds we have. We have the small yellow and
green
finches now, they are the first ones to come down for the Winter.
When it gets colder in Orlando, we will get the Painted Buntings,
they are so beautiful.  Then in December we will get a few humming birds, they
will only stay about 3 days and then will go farther South. I always take a lot
of photos of them, because they are rare around our house.
Other than the changing of the birds, living in the Semi-Tropics is boring
because
everything stays green year around.  October is the one month of the year I get
homesick for Kansas, its always so beautiful there in the Fall.

just me,
Marjorie