David -- my only caution is not to wait too long to reduce the
Sinemet---Peter was on both for some time, but we gradually had to
eliminate Requip as it was the main trigger for hallucinations for him.
All the agonists can cause a "dopamine overdose" and must be carefully
fine-tuned for each patient, as you know.  Peter diud better on Requip than
on Mirapex for quite a while, but it finally got him !

>My mom's MSD just put started her on Requip and we are just completing
>our first week on it at .25 mg 3 times a day.  We go to .5 mg 3 times a
>day starting tomorrow for a week, and then on to .75 mg 3 times a day
>the following week.  We go slightly higher for the next three weeks
>after that.
>
>She had already been taking Sinemet CR 25/100 6 times a day, and was
>just starting to get periods of high anxiety.  Our doctor said after she
>gets going at the higher level of Requip, we will be able to reduce the
>amount of Sinemet, in order to compensate for the higher levels of
>dopamine that she will be receiving.
>
>I just want to know opinions and/or experiences any of you have had with
>taking Requip.  The pros and cons, etc.  I know each PWP is different
>with meds, but want to know the kinds of stories some of you have to
>tell about this drug.
>
>I'll be looking for responses.  Thanks.
>
>David
>care provider for Patricia (mother), 69/diag 64/symptoms @62

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           on PDWebring at
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for