I found it interesting that the JAMA article discussing Dopamine agonists
implied that dyskinesia is a relatively minor problem.  Our neurologist once
related that it was better for my husband to take a higher dose of Sinemet
in order to gain greater function, and suffer the accompanying dyskinesia,
then it was for him to be under-dosed.

My husband is at the greatest risk for injury and choking when he is
dyskinetic - and I would imagine that he is not unique.  It was during a
dyskinetic period that he fell, severely injuring his hamstring.  When he is
dyskinetic it is difficult for him to swallow - and we've had several
terrifying moments when he has choked while eating during these periods.

We work diligently to remove as much dyskinesia as possible by manipulating
his medication.  And I make sure that  his neurologist is aware that
dyskinesia is much more than a minor irritant - it can kill.
-------
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 61/21)