Hillary, at one time, my oldest son and I manufactured a device that would
(for some) stop the pain. It is known as a TENS (Transcutaneous Electronic
Nerve Stimulator). It is the size of a transistor radio with electrodes that
are placed over the pain area or across the base of the spine.
Patient success varied, but the single biggest factor for success in sciatic
nerve cases was the willingness of the Doctor or Therapist to carefully teach
the patient. We've been out of that business for 15 years, but it was (and
maybe still is) Medicare approved. The company that bought us out, sold that
division so I don't know where to recommend you go to try it.
Good Luck
Sid Levin