David: I was taking 1 CR50/200 in the Morning and 1 CR25/100 in the afternoon
and decided I wanted to reduce Sinemet intake. On advice of Neuro, I started
Requip about one year ago. Started with .25mg 3x/day for a week and titrated
up weekly by adding .25 mg more 3x/day until I got to 3 mg 3x/day after 12
weeks. Along the way, I dropped the afternoon Sinemet altogether and cut the
morning dose to 1 CR 25/100. I did these drops on my own schedule since the
Neuro said it was up to me when to titrate off the Sinemet. I had a still
have on occasion periods of drowsiness but never spontaneous sleep. For the
last four weeks I have developed edema in my legs and my internist and
orthopedist have pretty near ruled everything out except my Parkinson's meds
which include the above but are further complicated by my participation in a
clinical trial, the drug for which could be causing the edema, or it could be
the Requip. Trouble is, I can only find out by serially stopping the drugs to
see if the edema goes away but I blow off the clinical trial if I do that and
the trial is important to me (and to you for that matter) since it is testing
a neuroprotective drug.
Ah for the old relatively uncomplicated life of a non-Parkie.

Paul H. Lauer